Table of Contents
Open-source intelligence (OSINT) Automations covers the techniques and procedures practiced retrieving targeted information from open-source networks containing immense amounts of data using automatic tools to achieve maximum results.
This course teaches participants how to collect and analyze information using different tools and creating automation. Students will be further exposed to collecting information from the Darknet, social networks, and other sources.
How to make the most of this course?
In order to succeed in the course, the following requirements must be met:
- Participation in all practical laboratories
- Self-work at home between lessons
- Repetition of materials, self-learning, performing tasks, etc…
In addition to regular classroom studies, the participant is required to practice at least 10 hours a week in order to gain practical experience in the field.
The participant will also need a good personal computer suitable for running virtual machines, with a broadband Internet connection.
This course targets mostly law-enforcement wanting to master the art of finding data around the internet.
- Threat intelligence analysts
- Cybersecurity professionals
- Law enforcement personnel
- Intelligence officers
- Private/public Investigators
- Forensics investigators
- Creating customized data collecting scripts
- Providing students with an all-source methodology
- Discovering techniques needed to generate highly relevant intelligence
- Understanding how to collect information from various social networks
- Exploring the Darknet for information bases
- First level of OSINT course
- Advanced web search
In this module, participants will learn to use Linux for collecting data from different sources. Students will also learn to gather information regarding domains in different parts of the world.
- Linux Scripting
Building your Lab
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Working with VPS
DNS Leakage Testing
Reconnaissance of an Organization
Students will get to know practical tools and search engines they will handle to collect data throughout this module. They will deepen their understanding of various information sources and will focus on gathering data from social networks.
- OSINT Tools
Online Tools and Frameworks
Introduction to Basic Bash Scripting and Automation
Extracting Information From Major Social Networks
Extracting Metadata and Geolocation
Students will become familiar with a wider and more advanced array of OSINT tools and search engines in this module. They will understand how to use metadata and maximize the use of different filtering and customization options for searching. Students will gain the capabilities of identifying further information that may not be disclosed in a standard Google search.
- OSINT Tools In-Depth
The Darknet is considered the most prominent source of huge amounts of relevant information that is not accessible through the usual network. During this module, participants will learn to use the Darknet, pinpoint the information they are looking for, collect it, use avatars, purchase databases with sensitive information, and activate different automated tools for browsing and extracting information from the Darknet.
- Darknet Overview
How Crawlers Operate
Creating URLs Crawlers
Creating Darknet Crawlers
Understanding Cryptocurrency Marketing
- Lab 1 Tracing Basic Information
- Lab 2 Searching for Information
- Lab 3 Using OSINT Tools
- Lab 4 Mastering Google Search-Engine
- Lab 5 Automated OSINT Tools
- Lab 6 Searching the DarkNet
- Lab 7 Identifying Avatars
- Lab 8 Configuring OSINT Automations
Real Cases Studies
This course is delivered in the following ways:
- Virtual classroom with proctored labs and scenarios executed in our Cyberium Arena
- In situe classroom with proctored labs and scenarios executed in our Cyberium Arena
All sessions are recorded and attendees can replay them during 30 days. All course material is electronically made available to the participant.
Course Group: FOUNDATION
Hands-on / Theory MiX
The following course incorporates a high level of hands-on labs exercises, as well as real life case studies.
This course prepares the participant to the following certification:
- GOSI (SANS)
- C|OSINT (Mcafee)
As this course extensively uses a cloud based Learning Management System, including a lab arena, attendees need a stable broadband connection to the Internet.
BYOD – Bring Your Own Device
As it is a very practical course, and in order for the participants to make the most of the course, they need a laptop with the following capabilities:
- Audio and Video
- 8 GB RAM
- 200 GB Disk Space
- Virtualization capabilities ( supporting latest version of Virtualbox or similar virtual machine application)
And also a Good Headset with Mic